The Missouri State Fair is celebrating the 1970s this year with a “Bell Bottoms Contest.” The contest is open to adults and children of all ages and will take place on August 11, 2023 at 2:00 PM. The winner will receive a $25-50 gift card to the Missouri State Fair.
To enter the contest, simply wear your best pair of bell bottoms to the fair on August 12th. The contest will be held in the Grandstand Arena. The judges will be looking for the best pair of bell bottoms in terms of style, fit, and creativity.
In addition to the Bell Bottoms Contest, the Missouri State Fair will also be hosting a variety of other events and activities throughout the year. For more information, please visit the Missouri State Fair website.
Here are some additional details from the article:
- The Missouri State Fair is held annually in Sedalia, Missouri.
- The fair runs from August 4-13, 2023.
- The Bell Bottoms Contest is open to adults and children of all ages.
- The winner of the contest will receive a $50 gift card to the Missouri State Fair.
What to wear with bell bottoms
Bell bottoms are a fun and stylish way to add a touch of the 1970s to your wardrobe. Here are some ideas on what to wear with bell bottoms:
- For a casual look, pair your bell bottoms with a t-shirt, tank top, or blouse. You can also add a jacket, cardigan, or vest for a more put-together look.
- For a dressier look, pair your bell bottoms with a button-down shirt, blouse, or sweater. You can also add a blazer, jacket, or cardigan.
- For a cool and edgy look, pair your bell bottoms with a crop top, tank top, or blouse. You can also add a jacket, cardigan, or vest.
- For a bohemian look, pair your bell bottoms with a peasant blouse, boho top, or maxi dress. You can also add a jacket, cardigan, or vest.
- For a retro look, pair your bell bottoms with a turtleneck sweater, button-down shirt, or blouse. You can also add a jacket, cardigan, or vest.
What shoes to wear with bell bottoms
There are many different shoes that can be worn with bell bottoms, depending on the style of the pants and the occasion. Here are a few ideas:
- Platform shoes: Platform shoes are a classic choice for bell bottoms, as they help to elongate the legs and balance out the wide leg of the pants. Platforms can be made from a variety of materials, including wood, cork, and plastic. They can also have a variety of heel heights, from chunky to stiletto.
- Wedges: Wedges are another great option for bell bottoms, as they provide a similar effect to platform shoes without being as high. Wedges can be made from a variety of materials, including wood, cork, and rubber. They can also have a variety of heel heights, from low to high.
- Ankle boots: Ankle boots are a versatile option that can be dressed up or down. They can be worn with bell bottoms in the fall and winter, and they can also be worn with shorts or skirts in the spring and summer.
- Sneakers: Sneakers are a casual option that can be worn with bell bottoms for a more laid-back look. They can be worn with both long and short bell bottoms.
- Sandals: Sandals are a great option for summer, and they can be worn with bell bottoms to create a cool and casual look. They can be worn with both high and low heels.
How to style bell bottoms:
Here are some specific outfit ideas for bell bottoms:
- Casual: A white t-shirt, black bell bottoms, and sneakers.
- Dressy: A black button-down shirt, black bell bottoms, and black heels.
- Cool and edgy: A black crop top, black bell bottoms, and black ankle boots.
- Bohemian: A white peasant blouse, black bell bottoms, and sandals.
- Retro: A red turtleneck sweater, black bell bottoms, and black pumps.
No matter how you choose to style them, bell bottoms are sure to turn heads. Here are a few more tips for styling bell bottoms:
- Choose the right length. Bell bottoms come in a variety of lengths, so choose one that flatters your body type. If you’re short, choose a shorter length that will make your legs look longer. If you’re tall, choose a longer length that will elongate your legs.
- Pay attention to the fit. Bell bottoms should be fitted through the hip and thigh, with a slight flare at the bottom. Avoid bell bottoms that are too baggy or too tight.
- Choose the right shoes. The shoes you choose can make or break your bell bottom outfit. For a casual look, choose sneakers or sandals. For a more dressy look, choose heels or wedges.
- Accessorize. A few well-chosen accessories can really pull your bell bottom outfit together. Add a statement necklace, earrings, or a belt to add some personality to your look.
When were bell bottoms popular
Bell-bottoms were most popular in the late 1960s and early 1970s. They were a symbol of the hippie counterculture movement, and were often worn with platform shoes, tie-dye t-shirts, and peace signs.
There are a few reasons why bell-bottoms became so popular during this time period. First, they were a way for hippies to express their individuality and rebellion against traditional values. Second, the wide legs of bell-bottoms were seen as a way to free up the body and move more easily. Third, bell-bottoms were often made from natural fibers, such as cotton and hemp, which were seen as more environmentally friendly than synthetic fabrics.
Bell-bottoms began to decline in popularity in the late 1970s and early 1980s, as the hippie movement lost steam and a more conservative style became popular. However, they have made a comeback in recent years, and are now seen as a retro fashion trend. Lainey Wilson 5 CMA Awards Winner: Here is the list of all winners from the CMA Awards