The Baltimore Ravens quarterback, Lamar Jackson, and his offense had an impressive performance in their 34-20 victory against the Cincinnati Bengals. They averaged over 5 yards per carry. Here are the key details you should know.
- Jackson threw for 264 yards and two touchdowns. He also rushed for 54 yards.
- Gus Edwards contributed 62 rushing yards and two touchdowns.
- Joe Burrow, the Bengals quarterback, left the game in the second quarter due to a right wrist injury. Jake Browning replaced him and threw for 68 yards and a touchdown.
- Mark Andrews, the Ravens tight end, had to exit the game in the first quarter because of an ankle injury. Coach John Harbaugh stated that Andrews will miss the rest of the season.
- Odell Beckham, the Baltimore receiver, had 116 receiving yards before leaving the game in the fourth quarter due to an apparent injury. This was his highest number of receiving yards this season and his most in any game since 2019.
Impact of Burrow’s injury
There’s one key point regarding the Bengals: without Burrow their highly anticipated season falls apart. Burrow is crucial to their success, and despite Browning’s efforts, they simply don’t have what it takes to continue without him, especially considering the demands of the second half of the year.
Due to his calf injury, the first four games of the season were ruined. Winning the division seems impossible now, and the only hope is for Browning to lead the team until Burrow recovers. The seriousness of the injury is unknown, so it’s uncertain what lies ahead, but it doesn’t look promising.
Bengals struggle against the run
Cincinnati’s defense had a hard time stopping the running plays. It allowed big plays like it did against the Houston Texans five days before. This time, the Bengals gave up seven plays of 20 or more yards.
When the Cleveland Browns lost Deshaun Watson, they knew they could rely on their strong defense. The Cincinnati team, on the other hand, doesn’t have a defense as good as that. While they’ve had some good moments and plays, it’s not enough to make up for losing Burrow for a long time. – Dehner