Transformer Maintenance: As we all know that to use any machine for a long time, we have to take care and repair it. Transformer is a very low maintenance equipment, but we cannot call it maintenance free equipment.
Transformer maintenance checklist is mainly done on daily, monthly, quarterly, every 6 months, yearly basis, 2 years, 10 years time interval.
First check the transformer on hourly or daily basis. Go to the transformer and check and write down the main points.
- The amperes on the transformer should be checked and it should also be kept in mind that the transformer is not running beyond its capacity.
- Check the voltage of the transformer every hour.
- The transformer should be visited once every day to see whether there is any oil leakage in the transformer or not.
- The temperature of the transformer as well as the temperature of the transformer oil should be checked. (We can check this temperature with the help of OTI and WTI)
- The oil level of the conservator tank of the transformer should also be checked.
After making a checklist of transformers daily, monthly, quarterly basis It is very important to see some more main points of transformer.
- Breather condition of the transformer should be thoroughly checked once a month. With this we check the oil level inside the cup. Also, we should check the silica gel, right bad.
- transformer once a month Buchholz relay It is also necessary to check the oil level.
- We need to check that there is not much dirt on the bushing of the transformer, such as – dust, mud.
- bdv test, Which means breakdown voltage test of the transformer oil, as well as insulating test of the oil.
- OLTC Check system operation.
Maintenance of transformer on yearly basis
Transformer Maintenance on Annual Basis Is the main part of. In this the transformer is completely tested. A special feature of this maintenance is that it is done by shutting down the transformer.
- The function of the Buchholz relay is thoroughly investigated. Such as the wiring of the Buchholz relay, its NC terminals, etc.
- Inside the marshalling box of the transformer, we have to check the tightness of all the terminal connections. The marshalling box heater should also be checked.
- The winding insulation resistance test of the transformer is key. By doing this, we get to know the insulation strength of the winding.
- Clean the body of the transformer completely and if the paint has been removed at any place, paint it.
Keeping in mind the safety and life of transformer, this very important checklist every 2 years Once completed.
of transformer DONE oil temperature indicator and WTI Winding temperature indicators test the meter properly. So that we do not show wrong temperature.
Transformer once in 2 years Tan-Delta Test of Bushing even do.
In 10 years, The transformer is thoroughly checked from inside. Overall internal inspection is conducted. Such as checking the core of the transformer, inspecting the winding and checking its condition, etc.
Why is transformer repair necessary?
Transformer repair is important because it ensures the safety, proper performance and energy supply of the transformer. Necessary maintenance increases the life of the transformer and keeps it functioning well for many years.
What is involved in maintenance of transformer?
Maintenance of transformer includes the following tasks:
- Regular checking and checking of written records.
- Checking all the main points of the transformer, such as voltage, oil level, check glass, etc.
- Check the condition of breather condition, bushing, and box of the transformer.
- Insulation resistance test of transformer, functionality of temperature indicator and tan-delta test of bushings.
- Long term examinations, such as internal inspection, core checking, winding review, etc.
At what intervals should the transformer be checked?
The interval for checking the transformer depends on the application of the transformer. However, checking at the following intervals is recommended:
- Daily/Daily – Checking of gel, tape and oil level of transformer.
- Monthly – Check breather condition, bushing and box of transformer.
- Quarterly – Testing the insulation resistance of the transformer and checking the functionality of the temperature indicator.
- Every 6 months – Internal inspection of transformer, checking of core and winding review.
- Annual – Checking of Buchholz relay, marshalling box and tan-delta test of transformer.
- Every 2 years – OTI and WTI indicator testing of transformer and tan-delta testing of bushings.
- 10 Years – Internal inspection of transformer, core check and winding review.
What should the transformer pay attention to during maintenance?
Keep some important things in mind when you are maintaining the transformer:
- Keep regular records and check all inspections.
- Correct defective points immediately.
- Follow safety rules and switch off the transformer when it is open.
- Gather all electrical cords and peripherals or keep them within specified limits.
- Keep transformers clean and safe, and use sanctuary and safety devices.
Maintain well and carry out major checks on time to keep the transformer functioning at the highest level.